Let me start this off by saying writing has never been my forté. At my university, it was a graduation requirement to take an exit writing exam. If you failed it twice, you had to take an English class to fill in the space, and boy, did I fail that test and then some. It wasn't my brightest moment but I think that's why I like staying behind the camera where the words are pretty much written for me.
Before moving to this website, I was using Adobe Portfolio to produce a simple but nice place to show off some of my best work. I had a "current favorites" section where I'd show off things I'd been working on in the last few months but I hated how I'd have to delete the page every time to start fresh. I think starting this blog is a great way to not only keep y'all updated on my photography journey but also to work as a mini scrapbook for myself in the future. Please remember that I'm not here to win the Pulitzer Prize with these posts, but I hope you enjoy these little adventures with me and my camera.
To kick things off I thought I'd share a few facts about myself
- I'm the youngest (and the prettiest) of two. My brother and I are 6 years apart but we're BFFs, I guess.
- I love exploring this beautiful world we live in and will be traveling out of the country for the first time next summer! One of my favorite trips so far was a road trip across the west coast and experiencing 3 different types of weather in less than 2 hours (Seattle, WA to Hayward, CA)
- I received my bachelor's in 2019 in Adolescent Development because of my love for kids. I love being a part of the growth of our future generations
- I've been to about 30 different concerts, shows, and 3 festivals. My last show was Harry Styles at the Forum (an unexpected 3 times!!) & I'll be at Sol Bume in April!
- My first job was working for Kobe Bryant's accountant. Yes, you read that right.
- I hate when lists end with an odd number